“The family-state analogy in the Mengzi,” Oxford Handbook of Chinese Philosophy (forthcoming).
- Review of Changing Referents: Learning Across Space and Time in China and the West, by Leigh Jenco, Perspectives on Politics 14:4 (December 2016).
- Review of Being in the World: Dialogue and Cosmopolis, by Fred Dallmayr, Perspectives on Politics 13:1 (March 2015).
- Review of Confucian Democracy in East Asia: Theory and Practice, by Sungmoon Kim, Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (February 2015).
- Review of Making the Political: Founding and Action in the Political Theory of Zhang Shizhao, by Leigh Jenco, Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy 11:3 (2012) 399-403.
- Review of Islam and the Secular State: Negotiating the Future of Shari’a, by Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na’im, International Journal of Middle East Studies 41 (2009) 479-80.
- “The 2016 elections and American exceptionalism: a view from the periphery,” part of a Critical Exchange on “Political and ethical action in the age of Trump” in Contemporary Political Theory 17:3 (August 2018): 331-362.
- “Democratic Hopes for the Arab World: A Review of Iliya Harik’s Work,” Journal Of New Media Studies in the Middle East and North Africa 3 (July 2013).